What Can Porcelain Veneers Do For Me?
Porcelain veneers have been in the market for decades now. They have come a long way and are much more reliable. The cosmetic dentistry field has also come a long way in learning when it is best to use these and when it is not. There are a lot of people that are simply not happy with their smiles. If you are one of these people, veneers might be just the procedure for you. There are even times when you can avoid braces using veneers to close gaps in your teeth that have bothered you all your life.
Preparing the tooth for a traditional cosmetic crown requires cutting away large amounts of tooth structure. This doesn’t matter if the tooth is already diseased, but what if the teeth are healthy and a patient just wants the crown for cosmetic dental reasons? This is why porcelain veneers were created. Your dentist will take a small layer of tooth structure away and then adhere a porcelain veneer on the front side of your teeth. However, veneers don’t work for all situations and so it is important to consult with your dentist to find out what is best for you.
What Can Veneer’ Do For Your Smile?
- Some staining is permanent and whitening can’t even get rid of it. If this is the case for you, then veneers might be the right option
- Veneers can cover up any cracks you may have throughout your front teeth
- If you have chipped teeth, veneers are a good option
- Veneers can fill minor gaps between your teeth without orthodontics
What Can’t Veneers Do For Your Smile?
- Close major spaces and crooked teeth
- Fix poorly shaped gum tissue
- Adhere to teeth that do not have enough tooth structure
If you are concerned with the shade, structure or even shade of your teeth porcelain veneers may be just right for you. You could be just a few visits away from have that smile you’ve always dreamed of. Make sure to choose a dentist who has had a lot of experience with veneers and cosmetic dentistry. If you are still unsure about what would be the best course for your smile it’s a good idea to consult with your cosmetic dentist. You never know how easy your smile re-design might be!